Friday, December 22, 2017

Out of Africa


Tuesday, December 19th – Wednesday 20th.
I spent the morning organizing my bags and packing up. I had arranged a pick up fro 11am to take me to the airport. It turned out it was the driver for Gadventures. We had a good talk about the company on the half hour drive to the airport.

At the airport I met an American couple who are travelling as support staff for a team of sailors who are racing around the world in the Team Akzononbel Volvo Ocean Race (it's amazing who you meet when you talk to people). They have invited me to visit the team and the boat in late December when they arrive at the Melbourne dockyard. That should be interesting. They were also ashamed or embarrassed Americans. They are actually looking for another country to live in because they don't like the way their country in going. Very interesting.

I had a 9 hour flight from Cape Town to Dubai on Emirates . I left Cape Town at 1:30 and arrived in Dubai at 1 am. Then a two hour lay over before taking another Emirates flight from Dubai to Melbourne where I arrived at midnight. Two long flights and six hours in time changes. I was exhausted as I am not able to sleep on planes. I managed to doze for a couple of hours, but that was about it.

Lucy picked me up at the airport and we got to her place by 2:00.

3 comments:

  1. Have a warm and wonderful Christmas down under. I didn't know Australia was on the itinerary this go round. Nice. But long trip. Snow and cold here but what else is new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Joe!!
    Michelle makes it sound like snow and cold is a bad thing..LOL!! We are loving it! We will be thinking of you
    tomorrow. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete