Thursday, September 28, 2017

From Marrakech to Qatar

 More shots from the souks around the square.










Fresh fruit stands: oranges, mango, pomegranate, lemon, lime and apple.
The very modern Marrakech Aiport

Thursday, September 28th.
Today I just hung out at the hotel enjoying a good breakfast and my own room. I got an e-mail saying that Don Gray is not well, so I am thinking of him and wishing him well. I worked on the computer and got some things done.

I went for a short walk around the neighbourhood before having some lunch at the hotel. Then I waited in the lobby for my transfer to the airport. While I was waiting the mailman showed up at the hotel in a nice uniform and a shiny new Post Maroc blue and yellow scooter.

The shuttle picked me up at 4:00 and drove me and two other passengers to the very modern Marrakech airport that is pretty much in the city. I checked in and had a couple of hours to wait. The flight boarded at 7:00. It was a long flight and I couldn't get any sleep. I watched a couple of movies: A Beautiful Mind, A Great Year and a BBC show on the Galapagos. After flying almost 7000 kilometres we arrived in Daho, Qatar at 5:30 am where it is now two hours ahead of yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment