Saturday, December 17, 2016

A Weekend in the City

 The view from Arthur's Seat.
 The brand new chairlift.
 Chelsea Beach.

 Happy Birthday Christelle, with her husband Arndt.


Saturday, December 17th
Stayed in town this weekend because there were a couple of get togethers I wanted to attend. Last night Steve had told me that they had installed a chair lift at Arthur's Seat on the Mornington Pennisula. He wanted to take me there, but it was too late, so I decided to drive there myself. The Pennisula is a beautiful area not far from Chelsea and I hadn't been there for a long time. I love driving through the rolling hills and farm lands. The chairlift was nice, but as the road already lead me to the summit, I wasn't sure why I would pay $24 to take it either up or down. The view was spectacular from the parking lot.

I spent most of the day driving around the area and then returned home. I spent an hour reading on the empty, windy, deserted Chelsea Beach before going back to begin to clean Cassie's place in preparation for departure.

That evening I attended Christelle's birthday celebration at her house. There were a number of teachers there with their families. I finally got to meet Claire's husband her kids. Nigel was there too, as were Leora and her partner Adam, who I had not seen for months. They were the couple that put me up on Phillip Island last March. I stayed until about eleven before returning home.

No comments:

Post a Comment