Sunday, November 13, 2016

A Ticket and a Fete








Sunday, November13th.
I slept in and woke up to an rainy cool morning. I worked on reports for the morning. Then I searched Gumtree (Australia's version of Craig's List) looking for a ticket to the James concert tomorrow night. Earlier in the week I had found people trying to scalp the tickets for major dollars, but this morning I found I guy who needed to sell his ticket as he had a conflict with work and was selling it at face value. I called him and found that he lived near my school, so I drove over there to buy it. When I got there I found a man about fifty and we had a good chat about James, the Smiths, Wonder Stuff and XTC. He would make a good guy to hang out with or go to the concert with, but I bought his ticket and headed home.

As I was driving home I came across a local school that was having their FETE or spring fair, so I dropped in to have a look. I was amazed at what was there. In the yard they had three rides, a three lane – three bump slide, a four person rock climbing wall, a small petting zoo, a live band and a bar! Inside the school they had a craft shop, a flea market, a pizzeria and a cafe. It was well attended and everyone seemed to be having fun. When I got to school on Monday I related this story to Libby and Emily and they told me that this was a normal for schools to raise extra funds. Way over the top compared to what I've seen at home and a whole lot of work for someone!

After dinner I went to MSAC and had a great swim. There was a game of underwater hockey going on in one section of the pool past the 50 metre lanes and a game of underwater rugby in the 5 metre deep diving pool. It's interesting to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment