Sunday, October 2, 2016

Day 23 Margaret River to Melbourne

 Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse.
the view from there.

A mob of 'hoppers'.



Sporting the 'beanie' that Damien gave me and my bushman look.

Sunday, October 2nd.
I packed up and left early. I drove north again towards Perth. I stopped at a lighthouse where I found a couple of walks around the property that had some nice views of the ocean. Once again I was struck by the isolation of the people who lived here and manned the lighthouse so that ships could find their way. I drove along the Cave Road and stopped at a couple of Karri tree forests. These are the third largest trees in the world and can grow to ninety metres. They are the largest of the eucalyptus trees. Where I was was the beginning of their environment and they only grow to 40-50 metres. The bigger ones are three hours further south and I just didn't have time to see them.

I drove back to Perth, returned my rental car, took a cab to the airport and waited for my 5:00 flight. The flight was good. I arrived in Melbourne at midnight and found that the clocks had gone ahead an hour for daylight savings time. I took a cab from the airport and got to bed about 1:30 after a wonderful three weeks.

1 comment: