Sunday, August 21, 2016

Wonthaggi Rail Trail

 The Victoria Desalination Plant with the environmental roof.
 The Wonthaggi Rail Trail.

The railway tressle bridge.

Sunday August 21th
When I got organized I went looking for a restaurant for breakfast and had bacon and eggs. Then I drove out to have a look at the huge desalination plant but there was not too much to see. It is huge and apparently was built during a severe drought but by the time it was completed the drought was over and it's never been used. But it is ready to go next time.

Then I walked around town for a little bit waiting for the sun and it to warm up a bit before deciding to go bike riding. I rode the rail trail for 12 km to the beach where the surf was really big! I rode across a couple of wooden bridges and then turned around and returned to town.


I went and bought groceries for the week and then drove back to Melbourne. I was tired and had some dinner and watched some Olympics before an early bed.

1 comment: