Friday, August 12, 2016

Airport Fun, Off to Sydney

Friday August 12th
After school on Friday I drove to the airport. I planned to leave my car at a parking lot there. Unfortunately I missed the entrance to it, so I continued driving around it and couldn't find another entrance. So I tried to go back but, the road to the entrance I missed was one way, so I couldn't go there. I tried a bus entrance, but it wouldn't accept my credit card as it was for buses only and then a bus pulled in behind me and I had to do a three point reverse turn and up and over a curb and over a median to get around the bus that had me blocked in. I finally asked someone and they told me I had to get back on the highway and go back one exit and then cross the highway and come back a second time. Ah, that worked but when I entered the parking lot I couldn't find a spot! This a huge lot and I drove around looking for one. I finally did, and then saw the courtesy bus coming to pick up people to take to the terminal. I rushed and made it and thankfully remembered to make note of the number marker of where I parked, otherwise I could be walking around that lot for days when I return on Sunday!

Got to the terminal found my airline and was told that the gate was closed! ... unless I had checked in online and had no baggage. Luckily I had and only had carry on. So he gave me a boarding pass and told me to rush upstairs to departures. I took off and got there shortly afterwards rather breathless. The woman asked what flight and when I told her, she said "You ran needlessly it's been delayed an hour"!!


The flight to Sydney was short, 75 minutes and I found a cab and got to my hostel without further incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment