Saturday, June 4, 2016

Wonthaggi and Evita

 Views on the tourist scenic drive route.

 Views on the Bunurong Marine Reserve drive.

 Wonthaggi Hotel
 Main interesection
Evita community theatre.

June 4th.
Today I drove to the town of Wonthaggi. This is a town that was recommended to me as a place to visit by a collegue at school. It is about an hour and a half away from Chelsea and just past Phillip Island. The weather was cloudy with a little rain. Just before the town there was a sign that said alternate tourist route to Wonthaggi. So thinking the sign was from me, I took the smaller road that wound its way around and over a number of hills past farms and forests. It was a beautiful drive.

When I got to town I found a little motel and the lady asked why I had come and told me that there was a performance at the community theatre tonight of Evita. I thanked her and went for a walk around town where I bought a ticket to see it, before taking a drive for about ten kilometres to the coast. It was still raining a bit but I drove to a number of scenic lookouts and took photos. The area has numerous secluded beaches with big surf and lots of cliffs.

Later I went back to town and found the hotel that Matt had told me made excellent burgers. I had the house special double burger. It came with two home made patties, with bacon and an egg on top. Delicious and filling.

Then I went to the theatre and watched Evita. I have to say that it put the community theatre that I attend at Fairview Library to shame. This was excellent. The singing, dancing, acting, costumes, and set were all amazing. There was a cast of about 40 people and were all really good. Surprising that there is so much talent in the area as the town is probably only about ten thousand people. After that back to the motel for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment