Saturday, June 11, 2016

Week Nine Term Two

The Preps (kindergartens) doing an Indian dance for Monday morning assembly.


The caretaker Jim and I. He is a fellow motorcycle rider and builds them as a hobby.
Jennifer, Don, Christopher and Veronique Kirk.

June 6-10th.
This week was more relaxed and less stressful now that reports are done. I got mine back from my reader who approved them. I fixed up a couple of typos and then completed the last few progression points for the subjects that Carol, Libby and I had missed.

I spent a good part of the week teaching them about the First Fleet and Australian history as well as about their system of government which is very similar to ours. The only differences I found is that they have a state government and we have a provincial one and their senators are elected not appointed.


On Friday night I was invited to Don's house to have dinner with his family. I had already met Veronique and his daughter Jennifer is in my class, but I met the second son Christopher and their new pet rabbit. We had a delicious dinner and a good talk about teaching, traveling and the problems of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment