Friday, May 6, 2016

Week Four Term Two

 A group of children parachuted into my room as their teacher was absent.
 Talking to Matt (grade 5) about traveling around Victoria.
 Some of the staff.
More strategic planning, just like home! 
 Hard at work on the plans.
 My Canadian partner Carol, as a rock star.
Her purpleness Jaysharee as Prince (who just died last week).

Week Four Term Two
This was an exceptionally busy week for me after hours. Most weeks I spend the week nights at home blogging, e-mailing, doing some school work, reading or watching a bit of TV (they have MASH reruns here and Planet Earth too). This week was the exception.

On Monday evening, I went to Heidelberg for dinner with Graham and Tess and their sons. It was great to see them, but I always feel bad because Tess is a stay at home mom at the moment and has to get two kids fed and off to bed while making dinner for Graham and I. There was talk earlier of a game of tennis but, we fell into catching up talk and some great conversation. They are both avid travelers and had just returned from a wedding in New Zealand. Graham and I share an interest in the writings of Bill Bryson and he lent me a couple of books. I got home about 11:00.

On Tuesday evening on exchange partner's daughter came to visit and we went out for dinner. Her name is Cassie and I had to settle up with her over some bills I have incured living in her house (internet, electric and water). We went to a local pub and had a drink with dinner. She is very excited because she is going to Canada for the month of July to see her mom and live in my house!

And on Wednesday evening I went to watch a sport that I had never seen before. Graham had told me about a friend who played a very unusual sport, underwater hockey. (See the next post). 

I had another good week of school with the major event this week being a fundraiser for children with cancer, which was dress as your favourite rock star. Some of the kids dressed up and a few staff (the Purple Prince, John Lennon and Carol as a black wigged musician). This of course riled up the kids and made teaching a tad more challenging. I forgot my camera on this day and was unable to get photos of the kids.

For professional learning this week the staff was talking about personal learning goals and the school strategic plans. Some things are just international. The count down to reports is on and we have yet to be able to get onto the system so that Carol and I can learn how it works. Should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment