Sunday, May 29, 2016

Rugby, Rebels vs Force

 Male and female Chestnut Teal
 A male black duck.

 The AAMI soccer and rugby stadium. It has the conventional rectangular field, all other fields here are oval to accommodate Aussie Rules Football, or Footie.


 Edward and Graham, at Edward's first match.


Saturday, May 28th.
I had planned to go to a farm stay out in the country. I found out about it from a supply teacher here whose sister owns it. I phoned on Thursday night ask about it and said I would phone to confirm on Friday, but by the time I phoned her back someone else had booked it. I'll go there another time. I thought I'd go somewhere else but when I woke up this morning it was raining. So I stayed home and did some school work, groceries, and relaxing. In the afternoon I went for a short bike ride along a city trail where I watched these ducks in the water. In the evening it rained some more and I just watched some TV and headed to bed. It was the first washout Saturday, I have been very lucky. But the weather has definitely gone south, with a high in single digits today.


Sunday, May 29th.
When I got up I phoned Graham told him I had not gone out of town after all and he said that was great news because he was going to a rugby game this afternoon with his son Edward. We had talked about us going sometime, so he invited me. I drove to Heidelberg and met Graham, Tess and their boys at a local restaurant. We had brunch, before Graham, Edward and I took the train to the CBD. The match was between Melbourne Rebels and the Western Australia Force and was pretty even. The sport is very physical and interesting to watch. Graham helped me understand some of the rules. We sat in cheap seats in the end zone which is always a weird perspective as the game is either coming at you or going away. We had a good time and Edward behaved himself very well for a three year old. He seemed to really enjoy the game. We took the train back to my car and then I drove home for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment