Friday, March 25, 2016

School Week 8

 500 students indoors for the end of term assembly.
 Joel leads them in Waltzing Matilda.
 Paul and Caroline
 Some of the French teachers celebrating with the French inspector.
 Anne and her 125cc Honda Rebel. I almost bought her husband's Indian motorcycle.
Nigel and I

Monday, March 21 to Thursday 24th.
Another good week at school. I rode the bicycle to school on Monday. The rest of the week I drove the CVR because I had to pick up Don's daughter Jennifer from his house and take her to school. We had arranged this because he has gone to Vietnam and she is in my class. I drive by his place anyway.
I finished my testing and organized the data in spreadsheets. The French teachers were all stressed this week as there was a French inspector in the school and they are all being evaluated.

On Thursday, we had an assembly at 2pm in the new building called the BDR. This is the open concept room where all the grade 5 and 6 classes are housed. There is a large open space and we managed to jam 500 kids in there for a end of term assembly. There were a few presentations with classes singing, or presenting a short play and then Joel led all the classes in the songs we had been practising during 'singing' time.

Christelle had arranged a social or choir practice after school, so I drove Jennifer home for the last time and went back to the Tree House pub for a drink with Christelle, Anne-Cecile, Anne, Claire, Leora, Caroline and her boyfriend Paul, Nigel and I. The French inspector came too and they all had a good time with him. We had a couple of drinks and a good time before we broke up for the holidays. I drove Nigel home, which was on my way. I got home about 8 and spent the rest of the evening organizing and planning for Tasmania.


No comments:

Post a Comment