Sunday, March 20, 2016

School Week 7

 Checkout the name of the record store.
 Carol and Bev in an Irish pub on St Patrick's Day.
Beautiful clock tower.

Tuesday, March 15 to 18th
This week was a short week. I finished the last of the diagnostic testing and the rest of the week passed uneventfully.

I rode the bike to school on Tuesday. On Wednesday, I took the car as Don had invited me to his house after school for dinner. He lives in Cheltenham, about half way between the school and were I live. His daughter is in my class and I got to meet his 12 year old son, their three chickens and the family rabbit Nibbles.

I rode to school again on Thursday which turned into a very hot day. Carol invited me to join her and Bev for drinks at an Irish pub to celebrate St Patrick's Day. I decided to go and left my bicycle in my classroom. We took the train to Prahran Station and walked along Greville Street and past the Greville Record Store to Chapel Street. The pub was two storeys, had with live music and was jammed. We found seats by the rail on the second floor and enjoyed a pint of Kilkenny. It was very loud in there so for our second drink we decided to change locations and went down the street for a drink and dinner. I had a grilled kangaroo salad. Then we headed home.

Thursday evening and Friday morning there were thunderstorms and the temperature changed from 29 to 19 in the morning and then 15 by the afternoon. I drove to school as I didn't want to ride the bike home in the rain. It rained most of the day with gale force winds of up to 80 km/hr. Sport was cancelled and we had to make other plans. Don had told me about a really good news program for kids called Behind the News, so we watched that for a half hour.

After school I drove home with the bike in the back, went to the grocery store to buy dinner and spent the evening blogging resting and listening to the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment