Friday, March 4, 2016

School Week 5

 kangaroo
 koala
 emu
 wombat
 brolga, a large crane
tawny frogmouth (look closely there are two!)

The pictures are from the Ballarat Wildlife Park

Monday, February 29th to Friday March 4th
Another interesting week. I rode to school all week except for Thursday when I took the train. The weather has been warm and dry. Today reached 35 and was very warm.

There really isn't too much to type up about school now that I have settled into a bit of a routine. I spent a good part of this week administering diagnostic math and spelling tests. Don got a book out of the public library about Malala Yousafzai and I read it to both classes this week as it compliments the Parvana book I am reading to them about the young girl growing up in Taliban controlled Afghanistan.

During the lunch hour I like to sit and talk to Joel, the music teacher or Don in the staff room.

Claire and I continued our parent interviews before and after school all week with a couple per day. I stayed after school on Tuesday and Wednesday to get some work done as I don't want to do any on the weekends. In the evenings I went to the beach to relax, eat and read on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Then I relaxed at the house reading, watching a bit of TV and going to bed early.

This morning Don was away again and we had an extra five kids included in all our classes. Claire and I worked on the ILP's (individual learning plans) for the kids in our care with needs. They are a whole lot simplier to do than the IEP's (individual education plans) back home.

This afternoon for sport we had a volleyball coach come in to teach Claire's and my class a little about the game. I found it very frustrating because the game is hard for young children, they didn't listen particularly well and it was hot. So it wasn't the best activity.

On the way home today I stopped at the Bicycle Superstore where I bought my bicycle because the lock I bought isn't working. They replaced it with a slightly better model and I bought chain lube, an allen key wrench and new gloves.

When I got home I had a quick bowl of soup and then headed down to the beach for a swim. It was perfect tonight, warm with no wind (for a change) so the water was calm. I snorkeled for a bit and then lay on the beach reading my Rolling Stones book. Then I came back home to type up the week.

1 comment: