Monday, March 21, 2016

Lazy Saturday

St Paul's Cathedral
Flinders Street railway station.
Tourist chariot.
An amazing street musician.
Entrance to Chinatown.
Another street musician who was just pretending and playing to a pre-recorded tape.

Saturday, March 19th.
Rainy and cool this morning, so I spent the morning talking to family and friends back home. I spent some time doing laundry and grocery shopping and some school work too.

Late in the afternoon when the rain stopped I took the train into Melbourne and just wandered around the downtown. I am not much of a city guy, but I told myself I would explore some of the city on off days or when the weather gets cooler in the winter. I watched a street music one man band. He played bass drum with one foot, snare with the other, slide guitar on his lap and a telescopic didgerydoo with his mouth when he is not singing. He was amazing. Other than that I just checked out some shops and restaurant areas. The downtown core is much more multicultural than where I work. There are lots of Asian here and they are reflected in the restaurants available.

I went home about 9:00 but there was a train problem and for a section of the trip I had to take a shuttle bus. I got home about 11:00.






No comments:

Post a Comment