Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Exploring and Another Railway Trail

Lots of vineyards in Victoria.
Llama? Not sure why they are here.



Main street of Yea
Sunday, March 20th.
After a bit of a lazy morning, I decided to go for a drive north of Melbourne to Bendigo and maybe Echuca. I followed my GPS which took me straight through the city. Unfortunately for me the Melbourne Indy was on this weekend and some roads were closed that I was supposed to take. All of which means it took me longer to get out of town than I expected.

When I finally reached the M3 I found it an uninspiring highway that goes all the way to Sydney. I knew there was another rail trail at Tallarook, so when I saw the exit, I... well exited. In the little town I found a little shop and bought a couple of drinks and a snack. Then I got the bike out and kitted up and set off. The whole trail from Tallarook to Mansfield is 123 kms. I rode from Tallarook to Yea, a distance of 39 kms. The ride was similar to the one at Lilydale and went through some rolling hills and past a lot of farms. I saw a few bikes but mostly I was out there by myself. I heard my first laughing kookaburra and saw lots of cockatoos and magpies. I stopped at Yea and had a burger at a cafe, before turning around and heading back.

When I got back to the truck I decided to drive back to Chelsea via more scenic route, so I drove back to Yea and headed south. I arrived home just at dark and after dinner just relaxed for the rest of the night.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Easter Joe - looks as though you are filling every minute of your time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the Easter kangaroo was good to you my friend. Enjoy the holiday!

    ReplyDelete