Friday, February 12, 2016

The Beach Road and a Football Match

 Three of the schools six portables.
 The class in the computer lab.
One of the beaches on the way home on the Beach Road.
 This is one of the referees about to throw the ball into play over his head.
 And he does it, I have no idea why, I'm going to have to watch more of this sport as it is huge.

Friday, February 12th.
Rode the bicycle to school again. The morning was spent doing some math and catching up. After recess we had the two periods of sport outside. I was in charge of the basketball drills again and it was sunny and warm outside. The last period in the afternoon was our turn to work in the computer lab and the kids worked on a program call Mathletics.

After school the Parent Council was hosting a community picnic in the yard. I wandered out hoping to see a few parents but only met one.

I left about 5:00 and rode home again via the Beach Road. Thankfully there was less head wind this evening. As I was passing by the Sandringham Football field I saw that there was a crowd watching a game of some sort. I went in and watched for a minute before asking what was going on. I was told it was a pre-season match between St. Kilda and Sandringham. I watched until the half break and when the players left the field a lot of the spectators jumped the fence and came on the field with their own footballs and kicked them around and played.

I left and continued on the way home. I arrived about 7:00 and had dinner. I spent the evening checking brochures of places to go and to plan for the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. You're biking and spending time at the beach, I'm digging out from at least a foot of snow!! And it's freezing here!

    ReplyDelete