Friday, January 29, 2016

Health Training


The health workshops in the new open area junior division building.
The CPR agenda
My room as ready as it is going to be.
A beautiful paper mache.
Friday January 29th.
Woke up this morning and it was 'chucking down' rain so I decided to take public transit. I took the train as far as I could before I had to get off and take an express bus around the construction to Caulfield Station. Most people got off their and were getting back on the train to continue downtown. I was looking to catch a tram to my school. As we filed out there were employees apologizing to us for the inconvenience and offering us a snack, a banana, apple or tart! Can you imagine the Toronto Transit Commission doing this?

The morning workshops focused on the health issues of the student population. There were two workshops, one on asthma and one on annaphylaxis. There are a number of students with asthma or annaphylaxis, and a couple with both. After lunch there was a a St. John's CPR course. We were trained and tested in order to earn our certificate.

It was announced that after school there was a meet up at a local pub to met the new teachers on staff (there are six of us). I finished as much as I could in my classroom, including putting away my $2000 stock order before another of the French teachers, Christelle, drove me to the pub. We were met there by Leora. The two of them are teaching the Prep biome. Prep is our kindergarten. Unfortunately only three of us showed up as everyone else was feeling stressed about getting their room ready or had other things to do. After a beer Leora drove me home as it was her way home.

I spent the evening watching Milos and Andy Murray and updating the blog. Sadly Milos incurred an injury and although leading 2 sets to 1, lost in 5 sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment