Saturday, January 23, 2016

Giant Bicycle

 My new wheels.
 Chelsea Beach
 Go figure
 Beach sheds on Chelsea Beach
Saturday, January 23rd.
This morning I organized some of my stuff and then went for a jog and again it rained on me. When I got back I worked on the computer for a bit and then decided to go bicycle shopping. When I went out I saw a man across the street wearing a biking shirt, so I asked him where there was a good bike shop. We talked for a bit, he told me he was visiting a friend and then he took me into the house to introduce me to the neighbour, Ivor. We talked for a bit and then I took the train to a bicycle store at Mentone Station. I bought a Giant hybrid bicycle. I decided on the hybrid instead of a road bike because it was considerably cheaper, more versatile for different riding conditions and the tires are more durable. So now I have a set of wheels.

Melbourne and area are very bicycle friendly. There are bike lanes everywhere and there are hundreds of kilometres of biking trails too, so I will make good use of the bike.

I rode back from the shop (13kms) and then rode around my neighbourhood and found a large sporting complex into a community centre, the Chelsea Heights Tennis Club with six clay courts, a running track and the Bonbeach Baseball Club, complete with the Blue Jay logo. I got the contact numbers for the tennis club.

Then I rode down to the beach for a bit. It was really windy and rough, so I just walked and waded. While I standing by my bike, my neighbour Ivor came by. We had a good talk about biking and the like and then he introduced by to his wife Glynnis.

After buying a bite to eat I went home to eat it and watch an evening of tennis.

7 comments:

  1. hey Joe. This is a test

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay this is encouraging……so happy everything that you love to do is available! And the beach and ocean are a real bonus. Enjoy the day. It's sunny and not to cold here. Love and miss you, Megan xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's with the colorful sheds?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a nice place to live!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a nice place to live!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sheds are also popular on the beaches in England. I think you are lucky to be in such a beautiful location....sun, sand, water. What more could anyone ask for!

    ReplyDelete